There is much to see, do and experience in the amazing and intriguing city of Amsterdam and the I amsterdam City Card is the best way to do this whether you are travelling by yourself or in a group. With the I amsterdam City Card you will enjoy Amsterdam at a cheaper rate but still have the freedom to explore a range of exciting attractions.
The I amsterdam City Card is a pre-paid pass which provides the holder with either free or discounted access to a multitude of places for your visit to Amsterdam and has many benefits – it includes free access to public transport, a map of Amsterdam, information about local attractions and free admission to museums and attractions. As there are a number of ways the card can be purchased it is also easily accessible and incredibly easy to use.
Benefits of the I amsterdam City Card includes:
- Unlimited use of public transport – bus, tram & Metro in Amsterdam
- Free access to Artis Royal Zoo
- Free access to Van Gough Museum
- Free access to Stedelijk Museum
- Free access to De Nieuwe Kerk
- Free access to Het Scheepvaartmuseum
- Free access to Foam
- Free access to Amsterdam Museum
- Free access to EYE Filmmusem
- Free access to Zaans Museum
- Free access to Tropenmuseum
- € 2.50 discount on admission to the Rijksmuseum (when you show the voucher from the I amsterdam City Card pack)
- Free admission to Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- Free admission to Muiderslot Castle
- Free admission to Houseboat Museum
- Free admission to Diamant Museum
- Free admission to Micropia
- A free canal cruise
- 25% off Madame Tussauds (admission)
- 25% off ARCAM (admission)
- 25% off Heineken Experience (admission)
- 25% off tours at House of Bols
- 25% off tickets at the Bimhuis (purchased on the day of performance)
There are 3 package deals available to purchase depending upon the time limit you are after – 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours. There are numerous places where you can purchase your I amsterdam City Card including their website: http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/. The I amsterdam City Card can be purchased prior to arriving in Amsterdam through their website. Prices as of the 23rd of Feb 2015 are:
- 24 hours for € 49
- 48 hours for € 59
- 72 hours for € 69.
Confirmation of your booking will be sent via email. You will need to print out the confirmation and show this when you pick up your I amsterdam City Card from the Visitor Information Centre at either the Amsterdam Airport Schipol or Amsterdam Central Station. If you do not have time to purchase your I amsterdam City Card prior to arrival then you can buy it from a range of places such as the Amsterdam Airport Schipol, Central Station, Museumplein, Waterlooplein and Zeeburg and most hotels in Amsterdam. If you are travelling in a group or with family an I amsterdam City Card should purchased for all individuals with the exception of children 12 years and younger (most attractions provide free access to children and discounted tickets are available for children). Activation of the card occurs when you use the card for the first time – the public transport component of the card is activated when you first use public transport, and the museum component is activated when you first visit a museum.